Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Time FLIES, huh?

As November is settling in nicely, fall-back on the clocks to give us an "extra" hour that really isn't extra at all, my annual Funky Sock Exchange* email is enroute and I JUST finalized my Christmas party details with my theme set AND my games all in order.

Last year was great - and I feel like I JUST took down my Christmas decorations. Everyone had to get into groups and build reindeer antlers out of pantyhose, balloons and red ribbon. I laughed the entire time. It makes me feel accomplished when guest have fun at my gatherings... that's what the host should make sure of, right? I sure do :-) non-alcoholic cranberry sparklers and my Christmas "punch" will be on order, as well - Martha Stewart helped me out with the Christmas cocktails, too!

I had a snowman building contest one year - went to the dollar store and craft store and picked up all kinds of things from pipe cleaners to glitter to styrafoam balls. The beauty about this is that everything that was left over went into my niece's craft kit at the house. Win, win! I have also filled stockings with Christmas related items and the guests had to guess what was in the stocking.

I pull these games from online - I google and search, and search... and search some more until I can collaberate some together - or they are just too darn funny, I have to do it! I have received positive feedback on the 'ice breakers' at the parties so you will be a BIG-HIT-HOST throwing a few games into the mix. This at least allows for a break in the monogamy of drinking, eating, watching the fight, eating some more, getting another drink, step outside to mingle by the fire pit, grab another drink, snack on some meatballs, can't locate your glass so you grab another drink....

"Fantastic" doesn't begin to describe the games, and the level of laughter that goes into these things is unmeasurable.


Themes! Man... I plan almost all year on games and themes (I'm going to start writing down the games because, this one time, in bed, late at night, a fabulous game popped into my head and it made me LAUGH and LAUGH - and the next morning I couldn't remember what it was! A DAMN SHAME!). This year's theme is Chelle's Chic Christmas (three C's - get it? CCC... it means nothing, really.. )
I'm going silver, black and metallic blue. I can't wait to begin decoration shopping this weekend!!

Ok - off to write a mac'n cheese recipe... it's that time of year, and everyone is asking for it so I'm blogging about it :)


Happy Thursday!







*Funky Sock Exchange details (condensed to Chelle's standards):

This is a Funky Sock Exchange!!

1 - Please send a unique pair of ladies socks (holidays are right around the corner- make it great!) to the person listed on the #1 space below.

2 – Copy & Paste my name/address up into the # 1 space and put your name/address in the # 2 space. Only your name and my name should appear on the list when you send out your letters.

A small manila envelope will mail the sock swap nicely!

You should receive thirty- six pairs of socks (if you have at least six people participate!) for the price of one and it is fun to see the different places where your socks will come from. (Seldom does anyone drop out because we can all use funky socks to boost our outfits!!)

The turnaround is extremely fast because there are only two names on the list. Hopefully, you will be receiving funky socks within two weeks!!

#1
NAME
ADDRESS

#2
NAME
ADDRESS


Side note: if you're the individual beginning this "exchange" you will need to pick a person to list in #1 - I chose a dear friend that I felt deserved new socks :) It will then trickle from there, and of course, you don't have to send it to the person in #1 but be sure to give them a heads up that they will begin receiving socks from strangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment