Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Morphine - errr... cheese, anyone?

I love cheese. I could live off cheese. I know people who love cheese as much as I do (well, close - no one could love cheese as much as I do). Arguably, this isn't health for you (me). Arguably, cheese contains a lot of fat. Not arguable. At all. Cheese DOES. I don't have to tell you that... the amount of saturated fat and cholesterol in cheese is actually unnerving! I blame this on my cows being fed processed foods.

After researching cheese addiction, I found that there are MANY folk among us that have my very same problem! Have you ever heard of Casomorphins? Me, either.. However, when cheese is digested, this is basically the byproduct. Dating back to the 1980s, cheese contained traces of morphine - this opiate is apparently also in cow milk! APPARENTLY.


Now, if you are interested in all the scientific details, Care2 has more information for you!


As we all know, opiates have a high addiction rate. With that being said, I have a dairy-crack addiction. That's right. My name is Michelle, and I'm addicted to Cheese. There - I said it! Subconciously, it makes me feel goooooood. And I am in love. I exercise so this counteracts the heart-attack-diet I currently have.. maybe.... So, my addiction to cheese is similar to my addiction to chocolate - both release your "feel good" hormones in your brain so you would literally have to ween yourself off just like a drug. This actually makes me laugh because drugs are illegal :)

Ok - so the based purpose of me even researching this was because a friend of mine came over to my house on Sunday. To watch football. Then accused me of having a cheese-drawer. I DO not. I have an extra drawer in my fridge that holds all the little "extra" food items that don't need to be floating all around the shelves. I don't like clutter. Now... if most of these items just happen to be cheese at the moment, that's OK. My drawer is used for more than cheese. I it also has sandwich 'stuff' in it.



See? Don't judge me.



No comments:

Post a Comment