Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

God doesn't like litter bugs....

So, I am chatting with a friend today in regards to a status update I published on facebook this afternoon. The post was actually in frustration towards "litter bugs" (we'll get to that in a minute) and may have mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses..

I am not religious - I don't follow any religion, actually! Just a quick background for you: 6-8 years ago, I began researching and studying other religions, as I grew up baptist. My sisters and I were never baptized, as my mother felt it should be our own decisions once we were old enough to understand (thank GOD *giggle*). With that being said, I created my own quest for knowledge into the unknown! Or... well, what you're not taught in church :) that's for another blog post, though.

As all of you know, most cults, I mean...... churches, temples, congregations, halls (you get the picture) have very different beliefs from one another. Some are similar (like... baptists and hovies - DAMN, I mean the JW-crew!) however, these people take things to the extreme!

From my understand, the JW-crew are the only "groups" that actually do door-to-door preaching. Now, even though the bible does say to spread His word, it never said "shove said word down thyne throat".

Today was a cloudy day... it was supposed to rain all day but actually didn't start until this evening. There's no point to this piece of my blog - I just felt like giving a weather update.

I returned home this afternoon around lunch time and as I am opening my glass storm door, two booklets that were folded up tightly fell to my feet. This scared the pee out of me too, by the way. One talks about what is REALLY in your food and the other: Jehovah.

Ahhh, Jehovah. This booklet falling out of the door and scaring the mess out of me does not make me want to read it, anymore than Brittney Spears should be a judge on X-Factor. So - I picked it up, crumbled it to a tightly wound ball (I was verging anger by this point) and hurled it straight into the trash. "This," I thought to myself "is littering.. do they not get that? Probably wasting a lot of their money, too because I am SURE at least 50% of these booklets are trashed," I continued to ponder. Picked up my phone and visited facebook.

"....stop leaving your shit on my door. This is considered littering. God doesn't like litter bugs."

So I am having a sign made. I am posting it at my mailbox - hopefully to obviate the dreadful door-knock. "No JW Trespassing" GO. AWAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment